Odisha police association demands arrest of protes
Bhubaneswar: Condemning violence during a rally organised by Congress here, Odisha Police Association (OPA) on Friday demanded arrest of those who attacked the policemen and a judicial probe into the incident.
"Those involved in attacking and injuring the police personnel during the agitation by Congress here yesterday must be arrested immediately and strong action should be taken against them," OPA president Sawarmal Sharma said.
The government should also order a judicial inquiry into the violent incident that took place on MG Road, Sharma said, adding Crime Branch police should also investigate the incident.
"The criminal activities resorted to by the demonstrators in the name of agitation is deplorable," the OPA President said.
Yesterday thousands of Congress workers clashed with the police when they tried to gherao the Odisha Assembly building demanding resignation of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the coalgate row leaving around 260 people including 60 police personnel injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya