Odisha police association demands arrest of protes
Bhubaneswar: Condemning violence during a rally organised by Congress here, Odisha Police Association (OPA) on Friday demanded arrest of those who attacked the policemen and a judicial probe into the incident.
"Those involved in attacking and injuring the police personnel during the agitation by Congress here yesterday must be arrested immediately and strong action should be taken against them," OPA president Sawarmal Sharma said.
The government should also order a judicial inquiry into the violent incident that took place on MG Road, Sharma said, adding Crime Branch police should also investigate the incident.
"The criminal activities resorted to by the demonstrators in the name of agitation is deplorable," the OPA President said.
Yesterday thousands of Congress workers clashed with the police when they tried to gherao the Odisha Assembly building demanding resignation of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the coalgate row leaving around 260 people including 60 police personnel injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest