Odisha police association demands arrest of protes
Bhubaneswar: Condemning violence during a rally organised by Congress here, Odisha Police Association (OPA) on Friday demanded arrest of those who attacked the policemen and a judicial probe into the incident.
"Those involved in attacking and injuring the police personnel during the agitation by Congress here yesterday must be arrested immediately and strong action should be taken against them," OPA president Sawarmal Sharma said.
The government should also order a judicial inquiry into the violent incident that took place on MG Road, Sharma said, adding Crime Branch police should also investigate the incident.
"The criminal activities resorted to by the demonstrators in the name of agitation is deplorable," the OPA President said.
Yesterday thousands of Congress workers clashed with the police when they tried to gherao the Odisha Assembly building demanding resignation of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the coalgate row leaving around 260 people including 60 police personnel injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA