Odisha: Police atrocity against dalit youth alleged
Bhadrak: Residents of Sananahunipala village in Odisha`s Bhadrak district staged a demonstration at a police station on Thursday alleging police atrocity against a dalit youth.
The villagers alleged that an assistant sub-inspector and four other policemen of Tihidi assaulted the youth Sashikant Das when he went to the police station last night.
The youth was seriously injured and shifted to the district headquarter hospital here, they said.
The youth`s uncle Rangadhara Das filed an FIR. Inspector In-Charge, Sriballava Sahoo, however, alleged that the youth and four others entered the police station in a drunken state and abused the police, which led to a quarrel. He claimed that the youth was injured during the quarrel.
The villagers withdrew the agitation after Chandabali DSP Bauribandhu Behera and Tihidi BDO Birokishore Panigrahi rushed to police station and assured the villagers that the matter would be thoroughly probed.
The police also registered a criminal case against Sashikanta and four others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump