Odisha Police breaks open Saradha Group`s office at Balasore
Balasore: The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) of Crime Branch of Odisha Police on Friday broke open the office of the Saradha Group here and seized certain documents relating to alleged duping of gullible investors in the district.
The officials of the EOW with the help of the local police and in presence of a magistrate broke open the doors of Saradha Group`s main office at Fakir Mohan Gole, the busy market place in this district headquarters town.
Refusing to divulge on the materials seized from the Saradha Group`s office, an official of the EOW said that they have got certain materials confirming cheating of the people. The official, however, said that the EOW would cross check the documents with the statements given by the investors.
"We are taking help of the Group`s agents during the investigation," the official said, adding that the team was likely to spend some more days at Balasore for getting more evidence against the chitfund company.
Meanwhile, hundreds of people have submitted their bond papers issued by Saradha Group confirming receipt of money from them.
Meanwhile, sources in the state capital Bhubaneswar said that Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is scheduled to review the situation created due to agitations against chitfund companies in different parts of the state tomorrow.
Earlier, Finance secretary JK Mohapatra had reviewed the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter