Odisha Police issues look-out circular against French tourist
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Police on Thursday issued a Look Out notice against a French tourist after registering a case against him on a complaint of Paedophilia.
The police registered the case against the French national, Mathew Furic, on the complaint by an American tourist.
James Foster Gorman, a former military officer from Topeka in the US, had filed a complaint with the Sea Beach Police at Puri on Monday that Furic allegedly indulged in Paedophilia with a group of boys at the Penthakota beach on November 26 and that he was assaulted by the Frenchman when he objected.
He also submitted a video to the police on a conversation with the boys he had subsequently.
The local police recorded Gorman`s statement under section 164 of the CrPC and medically examined the victims during the day.
Puri Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo said that after receiving the complaint, police went to the hotel where the Frenchman had stayed, but he had left on November 26.
He said that the Look Out notice was given to all airports and ports against Furic who might attempt to leave the country.
"We hope Furic will be nabbed, if he is present in India," the SP said adding that the Odisha Police also informed the French Embassy.
A case was registered against Furic under sections 18 and 12 of the Protection of Children From Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
Sections 341 (wrongful restraint), 323 (causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC were also filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre