Odisha Police issues look-out circular against French tourist
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Police on Thursday issued a Look Out notice against a French tourist after registering a case against him on a complaint of Paedophilia.
The police registered the case against the French national, Mathew Furic, on the complaint by an American tourist.
James Foster Gorman, a former military officer from Topeka in the US, had filed a complaint with the Sea Beach Police at Puri on Monday that Furic allegedly indulged in Paedophilia with a group of boys at the Penthakota beach on November 26 and that he was assaulted by the Frenchman when he objected.
He also submitted a video to the police on a conversation with the boys he had subsequently.
The local police recorded Gorman`s statement under section 164 of the CrPC and medically examined the victims during the day.
Puri Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo said that after receiving the complaint, police went to the hotel where the Frenchman had stayed, but he had left on November 26.
He said that the Look Out notice was given to all airports and ports against Furic who might attempt to leave the country.
"We hope Furic will be nabbed, if he is present in India," the SP said adding that the Odisha Police also informed the French Embassy.
A case was registered against Furic under sections 18 and 12 of the Protection of Children From Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
Sections 341 (wrongful restraint), 323 (causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC were also filed against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged