Odisha Police registers case against top Maoist`s wife
Behampur: A case was registered against Subhasree Dash alias Mili Panda, wife of Odisha Maobadi Party chief Sabyasachi Panda, on the charge of criminal conspiracy, a charge she denied.
"We have registered cases against Mili Panda along with two hardcore Maoists who were nabbed from Talapatma jungle under Badagada police station by the special police force," Ganjam SP Ashish Kuamr Singh said.
Huge quantities of arms and ammunition, Rs 3.99 lakh in cash and several Maoist literatures were seized from the two Maoists -- K Anita alias Kalari Majhi, head of the outfit`s women wing, and Bikram Mallick, overground worker of Sabyasachi`s group.
The SP said Mili Panda was providing these items to Sabyasachi through four other persons from Nayagarh area. The persons who had handed over the consignments, however, managed to flee. The police were searching for them.
Besides IPC, she was charged under various sections of the Unlawful Activities (prevention) Act, Arms Act, Explosives Act and Harmful Publication Act.
However, Mili Panda claimed she was being falsely implicated. "As the government feels I am a threat to BJD`s politics in Nayagarh, they used the police to malign me," Mili Panda told reporters in Bhubaneswar.
Mili Panda was arrested on the charges of indulging in unlawful activities in 2010 and acquitted by the state high court. She was re-arrested on October 2011 by Rayagada police for her alleged involvement in an exchange of fire between security forces and Maoists at Kutuniguda forest in Gudari police station limit. She was released in April last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH