Odisha presents Rs 60,303 cr budget for 2013-14
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Tuesday presented a revenue surplus general budget of Rs 60,303.09 crore for 2013-14 amid opposition uproar in the Assembly.
For the first time, the state also brought out a separate agricultural budget for the development of agriculture and allied sectors as well as welfare of the farming community.
"The total budget outlay has increased from Rs 52,030.70 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 60,303.09 crore for 2013-14. The overall increase in budget size is about 16 per cent," Finance Minister Prasanna Acharya said while presenting the budget.
Both Congress and BJP members were in well of the house protesting inauguration of a project in Patnagarh area by Bolangir`s BJD MP allegedly by ignoring the local MLA who was busy in attending budget session of the assembly.
BJP legislature Party leader KV Singhdeo sat on Dharna in front of Speaker`s podium when Acharya made his budget speech.
Acharya said Odisha is the second state in the country after Karnataka to present a separate budget for agriculture and allied sectors.
The allocation for agriculture and allied sectors in this budget has been substantially enhanced from Rs 5,627.87 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 7,161.84 crore in 2013-14, he said.
On the general budget, Acharya said the outlay for the state`s annual plan 2013-14 has been fixed at Rs 21,467 crore which included an outlay of Rs 19,367 crore for the government sector and Rs 2,100 crore for the public sector undertakings.
The size of the non-plan expenditure is contained with a growth rate of only 10.5 per cent to create more fiscal space for plan investment, he said, adding there is 27.4 per cent increase in the state plan provision in the government sector from Rs 15,200 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 19,367 crore in 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!