Odisha punishes eight officials fraud
Bhubaneswar: Eight officials of a state-owned cooperative bank in Odisha have been punished for their involvement in financial frauds, Cooperation Department Secretary Bishnupada Sethi said Saturday.
Six officials have been dismissed from service, while two were demoted. They were found to be involved in fraud, misappropriation and dishonesty in the Odisha State Cooperative Bank (OSCB), Sethi told IANS.
Those who lost their jobs are: deputy general managers Satyanarayan Panda and Bhaskar Chandra Hota, assistant general manager Nimain Chand Jena, managers BB Senapati and Himanshu Sekhar Das and junior assistant Sarat Chandra Jena, he said.
Two officials who were demoted are Debabrata Ghosh and Harihar Mallick. While Ghosh has been demoted from assistant general manager to manager, Mallik has been demoted from manager to assistant manager, he said.
"A fraud of a total of Rs 70 crore was committed by them during last five years. The cases are being investigated by the economic offence wing of the crime branch police and vigilance department," Sethi said.
The OSCB is a Rs 12,000 crore state-supported cooperative bank which has been rewarded by the national level organisations from time to time for its professional approach and the performance par excellence.
"The erring employees were responsible for tarnishing the image of this organization", he said.
"These exemplary punishment would emit a signal to all other employees in the cooperative credit structure not to resort to fraudulent activities in a banking organization," said Sethi who is also the bank`s management-in-charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Jibe at Subramanian Swamy? Arun Jaitley says he disapproves of personal attack on Raghuram Rajan
- IPL 2016 Final: Tickets sold out in 2 hours
- Two years of Modi govt: Hope has replaced hopelessness under NDA rule, says PM
- Assam Board SEBA Class 10th Examination Results 2016: SEBA HSLC Results 2016, Assam HSLC Result 2016 to be declared on May 31
- BJP's Assam MLA Angoorlata Deka's viral 'picture': You will be SHOCKED to know the truth!