Odisha: Rallies held seeking release of tourists
Phulbani: Kandhamal district on Monday
witnessed a series of rallies and peace meetings with people
from different walks of life seeking safe release of the two
Italian tourists abducted by Maoists.
The rallies were attended by Rabindra Mishra Additional
District Magistrate of Kandhmal, school students and elderly
Meanwhile, Sajan George, President Global Council of
Indian Christians, and its state convener Asit Mohanty have
appealed to the Maoists to free the tourists without causing
any harm to them.
Banabasi Surakhaya Parishad, Kandhmal Vikas Parishad,
Kandhmal District Citizen forum, District Press Club and
District Bar Association also made similar appeals to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim writer, accused of insulting God, attacked in Kerala
- Gujarat Dalit victims say 'gau rakshaks' could have burnt them alive
- OnePlus 3 Soft Gold edition hitting the stores today
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- 1st Test, Day 1 – Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...