Odisha: Rallies held seeking release of tourists
Phulbani: Kandhamal district on Monday
witnessed a series of rallies and peace meetings with people
from different walks of life seeking safe release of the two
Italian tourists abducted by Maoists.
The rallies were attended by Rabindra Mishra Additional
District Magistrate of Kandhmal, school students and elderly
Meanwhile, Sajan George, President Global Council of
Indian Christians, and its state convener Asit Mohanty have
appealed to the Maoists to free the tourists without causing
any harm to them.
Banabasi Surakhaya Parishad, Kandhmal Vikas Parishad,
Kandhmal District Citizen forum, District Press Club and
District Bar Association also made similar appeals to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon