Odisha` Rayagada dist restricts foreigners` visit
Bhubaneswar: With two Italian tourists
being taken hostage by the Maoists in Kandhamal district the
authorities of Rayagada, another left wing extremist hit
tribal district, has restricted entry of foreigners.
"We have imposed temporary restriction on the visit by
foreigners in the district in view of their safety,"
Rayagada district collector Nitin B Jawale said.
"The restriction is for two weeks. We will review the
situation and may allow foreigners soon," the collector said.
Instructions have been issued to tour operators, he
"It is another factor whether foreigners take
objectionable photographs or not. We do not want to take a
chance under the changed circumstances," a senior official
Claudio Colangelo, the Italian who was released has
said he did not take any objectionable photograph of tribals.
Paolo Basusco, another Italian is still in Maoist
captivity since his abduction on March 14 in Kandhamal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof