Odisha` Rayagada dist restricts foreigners` visit
Bhubaneswar: With two Italian tourists
being taken hostage by the Maoists in Kandhamal district the
authorities of Rayagada, another left wing extremist hit
tribal district, has restricted entry of foreigners.
"We have imposed temporary restriction on the visit by
foreigners in the district in view of their safety,"
Rayagada district collector Nitin B Jawale said.
"The restriction is for two weeks. We will review the
situation and may allow foreigners soon," the collector said.
Instructions have been issued to tour operators, he
"It is another factor whether foreigners take
objectionable photographs or not. We do not want to take a
chance under the changed circumstances," a senior official
Claudio Colangelo, the Italian who was released has
said he did not take any objectionable photograph of tribals.
Paolo Basusco, another Italian is still in Maoist
captivity since his abduction on March 14 in Kandhamal
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- UP Police Computer Operator Admit Card 2016 for May 19 exam available. Check uppbpb.gov.in
- Congress responsible for drought in state, says Maharashtra's finance minister
- US House passes email privacy bill
- PM Modi meets ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Twinkle Khanna’s words for ‘fitness freak’ hubby Akshay Kumar - It can’t get sweeter than this!