Odisha ready to face possible Maoist jail break attempt
Bhubaneswar: With prominent Maoist leaders like Girish Mahato and explosive expert James among many hardcore ultras housed in different prisons of Odisha, the state government on Thursday claimed to have made elaborate arrangement to face possible offensive by the Maoist including jail breaks.
"We have taken up regular security measures. This time we are doing job more carefully. We have tightened security measures for fortifying our prisons," said Home secretary Vipin Kumar Saxena while speaking on the state`s preparedness to the threat of the CPI (Maoist) National Secretary Muppala Lakshman Rao (Ganapati) on jail break attempt.
Ganapati asked his comrades to release Maoists leaders and their supporters kept in different prisons of the Maoist affected nine states.
"We are alert and ready to counter any probable assault on the state prisons. Normally, we are prepared and now we are taking up more extra precaution," Saxena said.
He said the Union Ministry of Home affairs (MHA), meanwhile has alerted nine Left Wing Extremists (LWE) affected states including Odisha in this regard.
Inspector General (prison) Pradeep Kapoor said certain prisons have been identified for upgradation of security arrangements in view of the recent threat. He, however, refused to divulge names of such jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far