Odisha ready to face possible Maoist jail break attempt
Bhubaneswar: With prominent Maoist leaders like Girish Mahato and explosive expert James among many hardcore ultras housed in different prisons of Odisha, the state government today claimed to have made elaborate arrangement to face possible offensive by the Maoist including jail breaks.
"We have taken up regular security measures. This time we are doing job more carefully. We have tightened security measures for fortifying our prisons," said Home secretary Vipin Kumar Saxena while speaking on the state`s preparedness to the threat of the CPI (Maoist) National Secretary Muppala Lakshman Rao (Ganapati) on jail break attempt.
Ganapati asked his comrades to release Maoists leaders and their supporters kept in different prisons of the Maoist affected nine states.
"We are alert and ready to counter any probable assault on the state prisons. Normally, we are prepared and now we are taking up more extra precaution," Saxena said.
He said the Union Ministry of Home affairs (MHA), meanwhile has alerted nine Left Wing Extremists (LWE) affected states including Odisha in this regard.
Inspector General (prison) Pradeep Kapoor said certain prisons have been identified for upgradation of security arrangements in view of the recent threat. He, however, refused to divulge names of such jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble