Odisha receives Rs 132 cr in CMRF, Naveen thanks Manik Sarkar
Bhubaneswar: The Chief Minister`s Relief Fund (CMRF) has received donation of Rs 132.04 crore for the cyclone and flood victims till date, a release issued by the CMO said on Monday.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has expressed gratitude to his Tripura counterpart Manik Sarkar for the donation made by his government, it said.
The Tripura government had donated Rs 1 crore to the Odisha CMRF for the victims of the cyclone and flood, the release said. Sarkar had also written a letter to Patnaik expressing sympathy towards the affected people, it said.
Meanwhile, South Korean steel major Posco-India had contributed Rs 1 crore to CMRF towards restoration and relief measure. YW Yoon, CMD, POSCO INDIA today handed over a cheque of Rs 1 crore to the Chief Minister.
The company has proposed to set up its mega steel project near Paradip in Jagatsinghpur district. Posco India also plans to undertake certain relief and restoration work in and around its project area in Jagatsinghpur district, Yoon informed the state government officials.
Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC) and Mahanadi Coalfield Limited (MCL) have donated Rs 50 crore each to the CMRF.
The state owned Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO) donated Rs 10 crore while IMFA gave Rs 50 lakh to the CMRF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt