Odisha reels under heat wave, temperature crosses 46 degree C
Bhubaneswar: Heat wave conditions further intensified in Odisha with the temperature crossing 46 degree Celsius in at least four places on Wednesday with Talcher in the coal belt being the hottest in the state.
The highest temperature of 46.6 degree C was recorded in the coal belt of Talcher in Angul district, followed by 46.4 degreee C in Sambalpur, 46.2 degree C in Bolangir and 46 degree C in Titlagarh, the met office here said.
As entire western Odisha sizzled under gruelling heat, Hirakud and Jharsuguda recorded maximum temperature of 45.6 degree C while it was 45.5 degree C in Sonepur, 44.1 degree C in Angul and 44 degreee C at Sundargarh, it said.
Though the maximum temperature in the state capital Bhubaneswar stood at 40.6 degree Celsius, the day remained uncomfortable and sultry as relative humidity ratio touched 73 per cent, it said.
Three deaths have been reported due to sun stroke so far during the current summer but no fresh casualty was reported during the last two days, official sources said.
The weatherman forecast that heatwave conditions were likely to prevail in most parts of the state for the next two days, officials said.
Normal life was hit in many areas with roads presenting a deserted look as people refrained from venturing out and shops and markets remained closed during day time due to scorching heat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections