Odisha: Sarpanch held for bomb blast
Berhampur: A `sarpanch` in
Ganjam district was arrested on Sunday for alleged involvement in
a bomb explosion incident at Somanath Nagar here in which one
person got injured three days back.
Pradip Bisoi, sarpanch of Anantei and member of the
working committee in district Congress unit, was arrested as
he was allegedly the mastermind of the incident.
"Although Bisoi was not directly involved in the
explosion, he happened to be the mastermind," said inspector
in charge of town police station SS Mohapatra.
Kalia Padhi of Banthapalli village, located on the
outskirts of the town, was injured when two motorcycle-borne
men hurled bombs at Somanath Nagar on November 24.
Padhi was standing in front of a `pan` shop when the
incident took place. Some days beforehand, Padhi had allegedly
The district Congress committee, however, condemned
the arrest of the sarpanch saying he was arrested under the
pressure of the ruling BJD and demanded unconditional release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir