Odisha: Sarpanch held for bomb blast
Berhampur: A `sarpanch` in
Ganjam district was arrested on Sunday for alleged involvement in
a bomb explosion incident at Somanath Nagar here in which one
person got injured three days back.
Pradip Bisoi, sarpanch of Anantei and member of the
working committee in district Congress unit, was arrested as
he was allegedly the mastermind of the incident.
"Although Bisoi was not directly involved in the
explosion, he happened to be the mastermind," said inspector
in charge of town police station SS Mohapatra.
Kalia Padhi of Banthapalli village, located on the
outskirts of the town, was injured when two motorcycle-borne
men hurled bombs at Somanath Nagar on November 24.
Padhi was standing in front of a `pan` shop when the
incident took place. Some days beforehand, Padhi had allegedly
The district Congress committee, however, condemned
the arrest of the sarpanch saying he was arrested under the
pressure of the ruling BJD and demanded unconditional release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!