Odisha: Sarpanch held for bomb blast
Berhampur: A `sarpanch` in
Ganjam district was arrested on Sunday for alleged involvement in
a bomb explosion incident at Somanath Nagar here in which one
person got injured three days back.
Pradip Bisoi, sarpanch of Anantei and member of the
working committee in district Congress unit, was arrested as
he was allegedly the mastermind of the incident.
"Although Bisoi was not directly involved in the
explosion, he happened to be the mastermind," said inspector
in charge of town police station SS Mohapatra.
Kalia Padhi of Banthapalli village, located on the
outskirts of the town, was injured when two motorcycle-borne
men hurled bombs at Somanath Nagar on November 24.
Padhi was standing in front of a `pan` shop when the
incident took place. Some days beforehand, Padhi had allegedly
The district Congress committee, however, condemned
the arrest of the sarpanch saying he was arrested under the
pressure of the ruling BJD and demanded unconditional release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you