Odisha: Security forces seize weapons stockpiled by Maoists
Phulbani: Security forces on Tuesday seized a huge cache of weapons and explosive materials stocked by Maoists in a forest in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
"The seizure was made during a combing operation carried out by the elite anti-Naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) and armed police force in a jungle near Matikeda in Kotagada area," Inspector-in-Charge of Kotagada police station S C Pujari said.
The articles recovered from the hidden dump included 79 detonators, five gelatin sticks, three wire bundles, four electric switches and several other devices used to make landmines, he said.
Eight rifles, one air gun, knives and other sharp weapons were also seized from the site besides volumes of Maoist literature including leaflets, pamphlets, posters, audio cassettes and naxal flags, Pujari said.
Combing operation and patrolling had been intensified in the entire area by security forces in the aftermath of the seizure, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report