Odisha: Security forces seize weapons stockpiled by Maoists
Phulbani: Security forces on Tuesday seized a huge cache of weapons and explosive materials stocked by Maoists in a forest in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
"The seizure was made during a combing operation carried out by the elite anti-Naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) and armed police force in a jungle near Matikeda in Kotagada area," Inspector-in-Charge of Kotagada police station S C Pujari said.
The articles recovered from the hidden dump included 79 detonators, five gelatin sticks, three wire bundles, four electric switches and several other devices used to make landmines, he said.
Eight rifles, one air gun, knives and other sharp weapons were also seized from the site besides volumes of Maoist literature including leaflets, pamphlets, posters, audio cassettes and naxal flags, Pujari said.
Combing operation and patrolling had been intensified in the entire area by security forces in the aftermath of the seizure, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!