Odisha: Security forces seize weapons stockpiled by Maoists
Phulbani: Security forces on Tuesday seized a huge cache of weapons and explosive materials stocked by Maoists in a forest in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
"The seizure was made during a combing operation carried out by the elite anti-Naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) and armed police force in a jungle near Matikeda in Kotagada area," Inspector-in-Charge of Kotagada police station S C Pujari said.
The articles recovered from the hidden dump included 79 detonators, five gelatin sticks, three wire bundles, four electric switches and several other devices used to make landmines, he said.
Eight rifles, one air gun, knives and other sharp weapons were also seized from the site besides volumes of Maoist literature including leaflets, pamphlets, posters, audio cassettes and naxal flags, Pujari said.
Combing operation and patrolling had been intensified in the entire area by security forces in the aftermath of the seizure, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test