Odisha: Security forces seize weapons stockpiled by Maoists
Phulbani: Security forces on Tuesday seized a huge cache of weapons and explosive materials stocked by Maoists in a forest in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
"The seizure was made during a combing operation carried out by the elite anti-Naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) and armed police force in a jungle near Matikeda in Kotagada area," Inspector-in-Charge of Kotagada police station S C Pujari said.
The articles recovered from the hidden dump included 79 detonators, five gelatin sticks, three wire bundles, four electric switches and several other devices used to make landmines, he said.
Eight rifles, one air gun, knives and other sharp weapons were also seized from the site besides volumes of Maoist literature including leaflets, pamphlets, posters, audio cassettes and naxal flags, Pujari said.
Combing operation and patrolling had been intensified in the entire area by security forces in the aftermath of the seizure, police said.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on