Odisha: Security forces seize weapons stockpiled by Maoists
Phulbani: Security forces on Tuesday seized a huge cache of weapons and explosive materials stocked by Maoists in a forest in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
"The seizure was made during a combing operation carried out by the elite anti-Naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) and armed police force in a jungle near Matikeda in Kotagada area," Inspector-in-Charge of Kotagada police station S C Pujari said.
The articles recovered from the hidden dump included 79 detonators, five gelatin sticks, three wire bundles, four electric switches and several other devices used to make landmines, he said.
Eight rifles, one air gun, knives and other sharp weapons were also seized from the site besides volumes of Maoist literature including leaflets, pamphlets, posters, audio cassettes and naxal flags, Pujari said.
Combing operation and patrolling had been intensified in the entire area by security forces in the aftermath of the seizure, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah