Odisha: Security personnel seize weapons, gadgets
Koraput: Stepping up combing operation in Maoist-hit Koraput district of Odisha, security personnel seized some weapons, gadgets and Naxal materials from Baipariguda area, police said on Friday.
Five persons were also detained for interrogation in an effort to gather information about Maoist activities during the combing conducted by the elite Special Operation Group (SOG) in Kumbikhari village yesterday, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
A gun and other materials like wires, switches and plugs, probably meant for use in landmines, were seized during the operation, he said adding the seized items also included a telescope and digital camera.
Though no ultra could be nabbed from the hideout, the SOG jawans also seized mobile phones, Maoist literature, leaflets, letters, kit bags and medicines from the site, police said.
Though it was not clear whether the detained persons were involved in Naxal activities or happened to be Naxal supporters, they are expected to provide valuable information to the security forces, they said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro