Odisha: Security personnel seize weapons, gadgets
Koraput: Stepping up combing operation in Maoist-hit Koraput district of Odisha, security personnel seized some weapons, gadgets and Naxal materials from Baipariguda area, police said on Friday.
Five persons were also detained for interrogation in an effort to gather information about Maoist activities during the combing conducted by the elite Special Operation Group (SOG) in Kumbikhari village yesterday, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
A gun and other materials like wires, switches and plugs, probably meant for use in landmines, were seized during the operation, he said adding the seized items also included a telescope and digital camera.
Though no ultra could be nabbed from the hideout, the SOG jawans also seized mobile phones, Maoist literature, leaflets, letters, kit bags and medicines from the site, police said.
Though it was not clear whether the detained persons were involved in Naxal activities or happened to be Naxal supporters, they are expected to provide valuable information to the security forces, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know