Odisha: Security personnel seize weapons, gadgets
Koraput: Stepping up combing operation in Maoist-hit Koraput district of Odisha, security personnel seized some weapons, gadgets and Naxal materials from Baipariguda area, police said on Friday.
Five persons were also detained for interrogation in an effort to gather information about Maoist activities during the combing conducted by the elite Special Operation Group (SOG) in Kumbikhari village yesterday, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
A gun and other materials like wires, switches and plugs, probably meant for use in landmines, were seized during the operation, he said adding the seized items also included a telescope and digital camera.
Though no ultra could be nabbed from the hideout, the SOG jawans also seized mobile phones, Maoist literature, leaflets, letters, kit bags and medicines from the site, police said.
Though it was not clear whether the detained persons were involved in Naxal activities or happened to be Naxal supporters, they are expected to provide valuable information to the security forces, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur