Odisha sets deadline for assessment of houses damaged in floods
Bhubaneswar: With flood waters receding in the affected areas, Odisha government on Tuesday asked district authorities to complete relief distribution works by Wednesday and enumeration of house damage by November 10 except the worst-hit Ganjam and Balasore districts.
"District collectors of 11 districts have been told to submit house damage reports by November 10, while the deadline for such reports for worst hit Ganjam and Balasore districts is November 17," revenue and disaster management minister S N Patro today said.
Earlier, the state government in its supplementary memorandum to the Centre seeking assistance of Rs 1,590 crore for floods, mentioned about 4.07 lakh houses were damaged in the calamity. However, the estimates were based on preliminary surveys.
At least 13 districts like Balasore, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Gajapati, Ganjam, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur, Kandhamal, Kendrapara, Khurda, Mayurbhanj, Nayagrh and Puri were hit in the second phase of floods due to heavy rainfall in wake of a well marked low pressure in the Bay of Bengal.
Meanwhile, Patro said he has directed the revenue divisional commissioner, central division, to probe into allegations that the official figure of flood-affected people in the districts of Khurda, Nayagarh and Kendrapara was more than the 2011 census data.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand