Odisha sets deadline for assessment of houses damaged in floods
Bhubaneswar: With flood waters receding in the affected areas, Odisha government on Tuesday asked district authorities to complete relief distribution works by Wednesday and enumeration of house damage by November 10 except the worst-hit Ganjam and Balasore districts.
"District collectors of 11 districts have been told to submit house damage reports by November 10, while the deadline for such reports for worst hit Ganjam and Balasore districts is November 17," revenue and disaster management minister S N Patro today said.
Earlier, the state government in its supplementary memorandum to the Centre seeking assistance of Rs 1,590 crore for floods, mentioned about 4.07 lakh houses were damaged in the calamity. However, the estimates were based on preliminary surveys.
At least 13 districts like Balasore, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Gajapati, Ganjam, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur, Kandhamal, Kendrapara, Khurda, Mayurbhanj, Nayagrh and Puri were hit in the second phase of floods due to heavy rainfall in wake of a well marked low pressure in the Bay of Bengal.
Meanwhile, Patro said he has directed the revenue divisional commissioner, central division, to probe into allegations that the official figure of flood-affected people in the districts of Khurda, Nayagarh and Kendrapara was more than the 2011 census data.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof