Odisha: Shanti Sandesh Rath to sensitise youth
Berhampur: An awareness campaign has been launched in southern Odisha`s Ganjam district by the police to keep away the youth from violent activities, specially from Maoists.
“The `Shanti Sandesh Rath` (chariot with peace message) is covering the whole district to spread messages of peace and to urge the youth not to get misguided,” said Superintendent of Police (Ganjam) Ashish Singh.
The Rath will cover all 24 police stations in the district, but would spend more time in Maoist infested areas, he said adding, “there is no time limit for the programme.”
It began its journey from Chhatrapur on Saturday and has so far covered areas including Chamakhandi, Ganjam, Hinjili, Sheragada, Badagada, Sorada, Bhanjanagar and Belaguntha, the police said.
Leaflets on government`s policies relating to surrender of Maoists to enable them to lead a normal life are also being distributed to the people, while youths are being sensitised about the value of philanthropic works, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL