Odisha: Shanti Sandesh Rath to sensitise youth
Berhampur: An awareness campaign has been launched in southern Odisha`s Ganjam district by the police to keep away the youth from violent activities, specially from Maoists.
“The `Shanti Sandesh Rath` (chariot with peace message) is covering the whole district to spread messages of peace and to urge the youth not to get misguided,” said Superintendent of Police (Ganjam) Ashish Singh.
The Rath will cover all 24 police stations in the district, but would spend more time in Maoist infested areas, he said adding, “there is no time limit for the programme.”
It began its journey from Chhatrapur on Saturday and has so far covered areas including Chamakhandi, Ganjam, Hinjili, Sheragada, Badagada, Sorada, Bhanjanagar and Belaguntha, the police said.
Leaflets on government`s policies relating to surrender of Maoists to enable them to lead a normal life are also being distributed to the people, while youths are being sensitised about the value of philanthropic works, Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan