Odisha shifts school classes to morning as temperature soars
Bhubaneswar: All schools across Odisha will have classes in the morning Wednesday onwards as the maximum temperature shot up to over 40 degrees Celsius in parts of the state, an official said.
"All schools have started morning classes from today (Wednesday) as per the state government`s directions," an official of the school and education department told IANS.
He said the classes are now being held between 6 am to 10.30 am.
Five towns recorded temperatures over 40 degrees Celsius Tuesday as the heat wave conditions continued to grip many parts of the state.
The industrial town of Talcher in Angul district, about 170 km from Bhubaneswar, recorded a maximum of 41.2 degrees Celsius - the highest in the state.
The state capital Bhubaneswar recorded a maximum temperature of 42 degrees Celsius Sunday, the highest of this season so far in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees