Odisha shifts school classes to morning as temperature soars
Bhubaneswar: All schools across Odisha will have classes in the morning Wednesday onwards as the maximum temperature shot up to over 40 degrees Celsius in parts of the state, an official said.
"All schools have started morning classes from today (Wednesday) as per the state government`s directions," an official of the school and education department told IANS.
He said the classes are now being held between 6 am to 10.30 am.
Five towns recorded temperatures over 40 degrees Celsius Tuesday as the heat wave conditions continued to grip many parts of the state.
The industrial town of Talcher in Angul district, about 170 km from Bhubaneswar, recorded a maximum of 41.2 degrees Celsius - the highest in the state.
The state capital Bhubaneswar recorded a maximum temperature of 42 degrees Celsius Sunday, the highest of this season so far in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- German bakery blast convict attacks Yug Chandak murder convict Daware in jail
- Mahresult.nic.in HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: MSBSHSE Class 12th XII Exam Results 2016 to be declared today on hscresult.mkcl.org - how to check
- Civilian shot dead in J&K's Kupwara
- Donald Trump wins Washington state Republican primary
- Sexism row: Rajiv Shukla to take up Chris Gayle's issue with BCCI, RCB management