Odisha shifts school classes to morning as temperature soars
Bhubaneswar: All schools across Odisha will have classes in the morning Wednesday onwards as the maximum temperature shot up to over 40 degrees Celsius in parts of the state, an official said.
"All schools have started morning classes from today (Wednesday) as per the state government`s directions," an official of the school and education department told IANS.
He said the classes are now being held between 6 am to 10.30 am.
Five towns recorded temperatures over 40 degrees Celsius Tuesday as the heat wave conditions continued to grip many parts of the state.
The industrial town of Talcher in Angul district, about 170 km from Bhubaneswar, recorded a maximum of 41.2 degrees Celsius - the highest in the state.
The state capital Bhubaneswar recorded a maximum temperature of 42 degrees Celsius Sunday, the highest of this season so far in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional