Odisha shifts school classes to morning as temperature soars
Bhubaneswar: All schools across Odisha will have classes in the morning Wednesday onwards as the maximum temperature shot up to over 40 degrees Celsius in parts of the state, an official said.
"All schools have started morning classes from today (Wednesday) as per the state government`s directions," an official of the school and education department told IANS.
He said the classes are now being held between 6 am to 10.30 am.
Five towns recorded temperatures over 40 degrees Celsius Tuesday as the heat wave conditions continued to grip many parts of the state.
The industrial town of Talcher in Angul district, about 170 km from Bhubaneswar, recorded a maximum of 41.2 degrees Celsius - the highest in the state.
The state capital Bhubaneswar recorded a maximum temperature of 42 degrees Celsius Sunday, the highest of this season so far in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users