Odisha: Slain SI honoured
Malkangiri: A guard of honour was
on Friday given to slain sub-inspector KC Rath, who was shot dead
by Maoists in the district yesterday.
The district police accorded a guard of honour to the
slain officer at police headquarters here in presence of
senior officials and scores of people.
Senior police officers including Inspector General
(Operations) YB Khurania, DIG (South-Western Range)
Soumendra Priyadarsi, Superintendent of Police Malkangiri,
Anirudha Singh besides District Collector Balwant Singh were
present on the occasion.
The body of 57-year-old Rath was later taken to his
village in Nabarangapur district for last rites.
Rath was shot dead by about four ultras when he had gone
to a market place at Khairput, about 60 km from here.
He was posted in Mudulipada police station which
operates from Khairput and was accompanied by personnel of
the Special Operation Group (SOG) force when the assailants
suddenly appeared on the scene and fired at him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hundreds of Noida homebuyers left in the lurch as Supertech expressway project scrapped
- Check out Iulia Vantur’s latest Instagram post after statement clarifying marriage to Salman Khan
- IPL 2016, RCB vs GL: Challenge for Suresh Raina & Co to stop Virat Kohli's phenomenal run-scoring spree
- Check www.gseb.org for 10th result 2016: GSEB SSC result 2016 declared
- Cassini climbs over Saturn's poles and captures this stunning image - See pic!