Odisha: Slain SI honoured
Malkangiri: A guard of honour was
on Friday given to slain sub-inspector KC Rath, who was shot dead
by Maoists in the district yesterday.
The district police accorded a guard of honour to the
slain officer at police headquarters here in presence of
senior officials and scores of people.
Senior police officers including Inspector General
(Operations) YB Khurania, DIG (South-Western Range)
Soumendra Priyadarsi, Superintendent of Police Malkangiri,
Anirudha Singh besides District Collector Balwant Singh were
present on the occasion.
The body of 57-year-old Rath was later taken to his
village in Nabarangapur district for last rites.
Rath was shot dead by about four ultras when he had gone
to a market place at Khairput, about 60 km from here.
He was posted in Mudulipada police station which
operates from Khairput and was accompanied by personnel of
the Special Operation Group (SOG) force when the assailants
suddenly appeared on the scene and fired at him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan