Odisha spends Rs 6 crore for Naveen`s chopper sorties
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s helicopter sorties inside the state on official tours during a span of two years costs the state exchequer a little over Rs six crore.
The state government paid Rs 6,02,56,360 toward the cost of hiring helicopters for Patnaik on official tours in the state, according to Parliamentary Affairs minister Kalpataru Das.
The cost incurred by the state government for air journey by the chief minister outside the state and country was, however, only Rs 10.36 lakh, he said.
During the period, the chief minister went abroad only once, while he went on official tours outside the state 17 times, Das said.
Replying to a question on the travel expenditure by ministers in the Assembly yesterday, Das, however, said that 32 ministers, including nine former one, had gone on tours during the period and the highest expenditure of Rs 5,21,685 was incurred by Women and Child Development minister Usha Devi.
She had gone on one foreign tour and seven outside the state by air and twice travelled by helicopter in the state.
Former minister Sanjeev Sahoo had incurred the second highest expenditure toward air and helicopter travel costing the state exchequer Rs 4,07,722. Sahoo had undertaken 12 tours outside the state and one in the state.
Revenue minister Surya Narayan Patro incurred travel expenditure of Rs 3,72,599 on 12 tours outside the state and one in the state.
Patro was followed by Tourism minister Maheswar Mohanty, who incurred Rs 3,60,607 expenses on 10 tours outside the state and four inside the state, the ministers travel document said.
In his brief one-year stint as agriculture minister, BJD strong man Pradeep Maharathy only incurred Rs 20,456 on official tour and had toured outside the state just once.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview