Odisha: Three children killed in wall collapse
Balasore: Three children were killed in separate wall collapse incidents following heavy rain that also damaged thatched houses affecting 2,000 people in Balasore district, officials said on Saturday.
Sania Sing, 9, and Basanti Sing, 8, were killed when a mud wall collapsed on them at Benapada village on Friday evening.
In another wall collapse incident, Jitendra Das, 9, died and five others were injured in Thalsadha village.
Besides, about 2,000 people were affected as many thatched houses were damaged during rain in seven revenue villages in the district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users