Odisha: Three children killed in wall collapse
Balasore: Three children were killed in separate wall collapse incidents following heavy rain that also damaged thatched houses affecting 2,000 people in Balasore district, officials said on Saturday.
Sania Sing, 9, and Basanti Sing, 8, were killed when a mud wall collapsed on them at Benapada village on Friday evening.
In another wall collapse incident, Jitendra Das, 9, died and five others were injured in Thalsadha village.
Besides, about 2,000 people were affected as many thatched houses were damaged during rain in seven revenue villages in the district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach