Odisha: Three killed in hotel fire
Keonjhar (Odisha): Three persons from Kolkata were killed apparently due to suffocation and three others injured when a fire broke out at a hotel in Odisha`s Keonjhar district on Saturday, police said.
The three deceased from Kolkata who had checked into the hotel at Barbil yesterday were in sleep when the fire broke out around 3 am and filled the building with thick smoke smoke.
The victims apparently failed to come out of the two-storeyed hotel building following the fire which was suspected to have erupted due to a short circuit.
Police and fire brigade personnel ventured into the building after the blaze was extinguished, police said adding three persons were declared dead, three others were injured and undergoing treatment at a nearby hospital.
Two of the deceased were identified as Gautam Basu (61) and Arun Kumar Choudhury.
There were nine occupants in the hotel besides staff, who managed to come out safely, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users