Odisha: Three killed in hotel fire
Keonjhar (Odisha): Three persons from Kolkata were killed apparently due to suffocation and three others injured when a fire broke out at a hotel in Odisha`s Keonjhar district on Saturday, police said.
The three deceased from Kolkata who had checked into the hotel at Barbil yesterday were in sleep when the fire broke out around 3 am and filled the building with thick smoke smoke.
The victims apparently failed to come out of the two-storeyed hotel building following the fire which was suspected to have erupted due to a short circuit.
Police and fire brigade personnel ventured into the building after the blaze was extinguished, police said adding three persons were declared dead, three others were injured and undergoing treatment at a nearby hospital.
Two of the deceased were identified as Gautam Basu (61) and Arun Kumar Choudhury.
There were nine occupants in the hotel besides staff, who managed to come out safely, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence