Odisha: Three killed in hotel fire
Keonjhar (Odisha): Three persons from Kolkata were killed apparently due to suffocation and three others injured when a fire broke out at a hotel in Odisha`s Keonjhar district on Saturday, police said.
The three deceased from Kolkata who had checked into the hotel at Barbil yesterday were in sleep when the fire broke out around 3 am and filled the building with thick smoke smoke.
The victims apparently failed to come out of the two-storeyed hotel building following the fire which was suspected to have erupted due to a short circuit.
Police and fire brigade personnel ventured into the building after the blaze was extinguished, police said adding three persons were declared dead, three others were injured and undergoing treatment at a nearby hospital.
Two of the deceased were identified as Gautam Basu (61) and Arun Kumar Choudhury.
There were nine occupants in the hotel besides staff, who managed to come out safely, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- MH370 search team raises prospect plane could lie elsewhere
- World's biggest online piracy site Kickass Torrents shut down, alleged owner arrested
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event