Odisha to implement public service act from Jan
Bhubaneswar: Odisha will implement the right to public service act from January 01 next year to make the state administration accountable for providing certain services to citizens in a time bound manner, the office of chief minister said here on Wednesday.
Initially, about 25-30 services would be put under the purview of the new law, a statement issued by the office of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
The act, which was approved by the State Assembly earlier this month, has the provision of penalising officials if they fail to provide services to citizens within the stipulated time period.
The government plans to bring as many as 75 services offered by 11 government departments under the ambit of the act.
The services which will come under the new law include issuance of birth and death certificates, caste certificate, income certificate, electricity connection, water connection and ration card, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie