Odisha to implement public service act from Jan
Bhubaneswar: Odisha will implement the right to public service act from January 01 next year to make the state administration accountable for providing certain services to citizens in a time bound manner, the office of chief minister said here on Wednesday.
Initially, about 25-30 services would be put under the purview of the new law, a statement issued by the office of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
The act, which was approved by the State Assembly earlier this month, has the provision of penalising officials if they fail to provide services to citizens within the stipulated time period.
The government plans to bring as many as 75 services offered by 11 government departments under the ambit of the act.
The services which will come under the new law include issuance of birth and death certificates, caste certificate, income certificate, electricity connection, water connection and ration card, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates