Odisha to link 133 police stations in LWE areas with VSAT
Bhubaneswar: With Maoists often targetting communication towers, Odisha government on Tuesday decided to link all the 133 police stations in left wing extremist-hit areas and 80 locations in difficult terrains with VSAT facility under Crime and Criminal Networking System (CCNS).
The decision was taken at the meeting of a committee on CCNS chaired by Chief Secretary which resolved to cover all the 581 police stations along with other district police offices and high police offices through a specially-devised software to facilitate and expedite crime tracking.
"In all 748 locations will be connected. Meanwhile, survey of all locations have been wrapped up by BSNL. Out of these, 213 locations will be connected though VSAT, 216 through BSNL exchanges and 319 through VPN over broadband," a senior official said.
The personnel will be given intensive training for proper implementation of the project. For the purpose, 45 training centers have been set up and 22,201 trained so far with another 4,322 personnel to be trained by end of month.
Chief Secretary B K Patnaik asked police to customize the software with specific needs of Odisha and include all the services assured under public service delivery provisions.
Customisation of software is expected to be completed by December of current year, sources said adding about 12 services delivered by police have been proposed to be in provisions.
In a bid to fastening service delivery, record of last 10 years of all the police stations will be digitised and loaded in to the system integrator.
For commissioning of system, all basic functions of police stations like lodging of FIR, Station Diary, Investigation, Charge Sheet, Case Diary and other works will be online. It has been proposed to have solar power back up in 125 police stations and 20 higher offices. Rs 2.1 crore has also been provided for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?