Odisha to link 133 police stations in LWE areas with VSAT
Bhubaneswar: With Maoists often targetting communication towers, Odisha government on Tuesday decided to link all the 133 police stations in left wing extremist-hit areas and 80 locations in difficult terrains with VSAT facility under Crime and Criminal Networking System (CCNS).
The decision was taken at the meeting of a committee on CCNS chaired by Chief Secretary which resolved to cover all the 581 police stations along with other district police offices and high police offices through a specially-devised software to facilitate and expedite crime tracking.
"In all 748 locations will be connected. Meanwhile, survey of all locations have been wrapped up by BSNL. Out of these, 213 locations will be connected though VSAT, 216 through BSNL exchanges and 319 through VPN over broadband," a senior official said.
The personnel will be given intensive training for proper implementation of the project. For the purpose, 45 training centers have been set up and 22,201 trained so far with another 4,322 personnel to be trained by end of month.
Chief Secretary B K Patnaik asked police to customize the software with specific needs of Odisha and include all the services assured under public service delivery provisions.
Customisation of software is expected to be completed by December of current year, sources said adding about 12 services delivered by police have been proposed to be in provisions.
In a bid to fastening service delivery, record of last 10 years of all the police stations will be digitised and loaded in to the system integrator.
For commissioning of system, all basic functions of police stations like lodging of FIR, Station Diary, Investigation, Charge Sheet, Case Diary and other works will be online. It has been proposed to have solar power back up in 125 police stations and 20 higher offices. Rs 2.1 crore has also been provided for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony