Odisha to recruit 11,025 policemen, raise 2 battalions
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government is recruiting 11,025 police personnel for raising two battalions for deployment in areas hit by Left Wing Extremist and industrial security in the state.
While the process for appointment of police officers, constables and firemen in 7,569 posts have already begun, the rest 3,456 posts will be filled soon, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced after a review meeting on Wednesday.
"I have directed that the task of recruitment should be completed in the current year," Patnaik said, adding the new recruit will be taken in OISF (Odisha Industrial Security Force) and Specialised India Reserve Battalion (Engineering).
Patnaik said the IRB (Engineering) personnel would be deployed in Maoist-hit districts where developmental activities have been halted by red rebels. "They will provide security during construction works in left-wing extremism affected areas."
This apart, the state government also decided to appoint some of the newly recruited personnel at the Mahila and Sishu Desk in different police stations. A police officer of the desk will look after atrocities on women and children, official sources said.
Besides, the state government has also decided to absorb 3,000 tribal Special Police Officers (SPO) in the post of constable during the current year. These SPOs will be taken in Odisha Auxiliary Police Force, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions