Odisha: Two explosive devices recovered
Phulbani (Odisha): In yet another seizure
of powerful landmines in Maoist-prone Kandhamal in Odisha,
anti-Naxalite forces on Saturday recovered two explosive devices
during combing operation in the district.
The landmines weighing over 14 kg each were found near
Padipanga on the Srirampur-Kotagarh road, about one km from
the CRPF camp at Srirampur, Phulbani deputy superintendent of
police Gupta Prasad Behera said.
A joint team comprising personnel from CRPF, Cobra and
Special Operation Group (SOG) were conducting combing
operation in the hilly terrain during which they stumbled upon
the explosive devices hid beneath the soil, he said.
The landmines were defused by experts in the squad.
The recovery assumed significance as altogether six
landmines were seized and at least two explosions occurred
during last ten days in which three policemen were killed and
as many maimed on the Sreerampur-Kotagarh road.
The first landmine blast occurred on January 4
followed by another the next day in which the policemen were
Two landmines each were defused on January 6, 10 and
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!