Odisha: Two explosive devices recovered
Phulbani (Odisha): In yet another seizure
of powerful landmines in Maoist-prone Kandhamal in Odisha,
anti-Naxalite forces on Saturday recovered two explosive devices
during combing operation in the district.
The landmines weighing over 14 kg each were found near
Padipanga on the Srirampur-Kotagarh road, about one km from
the CRPF camp at Srirampur, Phulbani deputy superintendent of
police Gupta Prasad Behera said.
A joint team comprising personnel from CRPF, Cobra and
Special Operation Group (SOG) were conducting combing
operation in the hilly terrain during which they stumbled upon
the explosive devices hid beneath the soil, he said.
The landmines were defused by experts in the squad.
The recovery assumed significance as altogether six
landmines were seized and at least two explosions occurred
during last ten days in which three policemen were killed and
as many maimed on the Sreerampur-Kotagarh road.
The first landmine blast occurred on January 4
followed by another the next day in which the policemen were
Two landmines each were defused on January 6, 10 and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi