Odisha: Two explosive devices recovered
Phulbani (Odisha): In yet another seizure
of powerful landmines in Maoist-prone Kandhamal in Odisha,
anti-Naxalite forces on Saturday recovered two explosive devices
during combing operation in the district.
The landmines weighing over 14 kg each were found near
Padipanga on the Srirampur-Kotagarh road, about one km from
the CRPF camp at Srirampur, Phulbani deputy superintendent of
police Gupta Prasad Behera said.
A joint team comprising personnel from CRPF, Cobra and
Special Operation Group (SOG) were conducting combing
operation in the hilly terrain during which they stumbled upon
the explosive devices hid beneath the soil, he said.
The landmines were defused by experts in the squad.
The recovery assumed significance as altogether six
landmines were seized and at least two explosions occurred
during last ten days in which three policemen were killed and
as many maimed on the Sreerampur-Kotagarh road.
The first landmine blast occurred on January 4
followed by another the next day in which the policemen were
Two landmines each were defused on January 6, 10 and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India