Odisha: Two persons electrocuted, 10 injured
Bhubaneswar: Two persons were electrocuted and ten others injured when the vehicle in which they were carrying a Goddess idol came in contact with a live wire in Odisha`s Cuttack district, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place at Mallihata village in Jagatpur police station area when some youths were taking out a procession of the goddess "Khudurkuni" yesterday for immersion, they said.
The revelers had covered the idol with a metal sheet in order to protect the idol from rain. When the sheet came in contact with the 11 KV live wire, the whole vehicle was electrocuted.
Two boys who were holding the metal sheet died, while ten others were injured, two of them seriously. The injured were admitted to a hospital at Cuttack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend