Odisha: Two sentenced to death
Nuapada (Odisha): A court in Odisha`s Nuapada district on Friday awarded capital punishment to two men for killing a woman and her daughter in February last year.
District and session judge Madhusudan Dhal convicted Manoj Bhoi and Motilal Barik for the killings at village Sihinamunda in Komna block and awarded them the death sentence.
The judge pronounced the judgement after examining 17 witnesses and evidence.
The convicts were expected to challenge the death sentence in a higher court, their counsel Bimal Kanti Bose said.
According to the prosecution, the two killed Saibani Mirdha (40) and her daughter Kaushalya (16) and assaulted family members on February 2 last year after failing to extort money from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday