Odisha: Two suspected Maoists arrested
Phulbani (Odisha): Two suspected Maoists were arrested and huge quantities of weapons and explosive material seized from a forest in Odisha`s Kandhamal district day, police said.
The two were arrested during a combing operation by CRPF and police personnel inside the forest near Chhadakia village in Daringbadi area, Sub-Divisional Police Officer of Baliguda, Arjun Barik said.
Some more people were likely to be arrested after thorough interrogation of the duo, he said.
Seven country-made guns, two soap case bombs, some improvised explosive devices, two detonators and a bundle of wire were seized from the arrested, Barik said.
Some other materials including Maoist uniform, caps and bags were also recovered from the site.
Combing operation and patrolling had been intensified in the area after the arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan