Odisha: Two suspected Maoists arrested
Phulbani (Odisha): Two suspected Maoists were arrested and huge quantities of weapons and explosive material seized from a forest in Odisha`s Kandhamal district day, police said.
The two were arrested during a combing operation by CRPF and police personnel inside the forest near Chhadakia village in Daringbadi area, Sub-Divisional Police Officer of Baliguda, Arjun Barik said.
Some more people were likely to be arrested after thorough interrogation of the duo, he said.
Seven country-made guns, two soap case bombs, some improvised explosive devices, two detonators and a bundle of wire were seized from the arrested, Barik said.
Some other materials including Maoist uniform, caps and bags were also recovered from the site.
Combing operation and patrolling had been intensified in the area after the arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia