Odisha under grip of heatwave, 42 degree C at Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: There seems to be no respite from heatwave in Odisha as mercury level continued to hover around 40 degree Celsius in most part of the state while the state capital recorded 42 degree Celsius on Sunday, Met office sources said.
"The heatwave condition will continue for the next 48 hours as there is no flow of wind from the sea. However, there are indications on weather change after two days," said Sarat Sahu, IMD director.
Bhubaneswar continued to boil with mercury level refusing to slide from 42 mark. The state capital continued to register temperature at 42 degree C since three days.
At least 10 other towns in the state also recorded temperature above 40 degree Celsius. Eight other districts also recorded temperature between 35 to 40 degree Celsius.
Bhubaneswar was followed by 41.6 degree Celsius at Hirakud and Talcher, 41.2 degree C at Titlagarh, 40.7 degree C at Angul, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list