Odisha under grip of heatwave, 42 degree C at Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: There seems to be no respite from heatwave in Odisha as mercury level continued to hover around 40 degree Celsius in most part of the state while the state capital recorded 42 degree Celsius on Sunday, Met office sources said.
"The heatwave condition will continue for the next 48 hours as there is no flow of wind from the sea. However, there are indications on weather change after two days," said Sarat Sahu, IMD director.
Bhubaneswar continued to boil with mercury level refusing to slide from 42 mark. The state capital continued to register temperature at 42 degree C since three days.
At least 10 other towns in the state also recorded temperature above 40 degree Celsius. Eight other districts also recorded temperature between 35 to 40 degree Celsius.
Bhubaneswar was followed by 41.6 degree Celsius at Hirakud and Talcher, 41.2 degree C at Titlagarh, 40.7 degree C at Angul, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country