Odisha under grip of heatwave, 42 degree C at Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: There seems to be no respite from heatwave in Odisha as mercury level continued to hover around 40 degree Celsius in most part of the state while the state capital recorded 42 degree Celsius on Sunday, Met office sources said.
"The heatwave condition will continue for the next 48 hours as there is no flow of wind from the sea. However, there are indications on weather change after two days," said Sarat Sahu, IMD director.
Bhubaneswar continued to boil with mercury level refusing to slide from 42 mark. The state capital continued to register temperature at 42 degree C since three days.
At least 10 other towns in the state also recorded temperature above 40 degree Celsius. Eight other districts also recorded temperature between 35 to 40 degree Celsius.
Bhubaneswar was followed by 41.6 degree Celsius at Hirakud and Talcher, 41.2 degree C at Titlagarh, 40.7 degree C at Angul, official sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know