Odisha under grip of heatwave, 42 degree C at Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: There seems to be no respite from heatwave in Odisha as mercury level continued to hover around 40 degree Celsius in most part of the state while the state capital recorded 42 degree Celsius on Sunday, Met office sources said.
"The heatwave condition will continue for the next 48 hours as there is no flow of wind from the sea. However, there are indications on weather change after two days," said Sarat Sahu, IMD director.
Bhubaneswar continued to boil with mercury level refusing to slide from 42 mark. The state capital continued to register temperature at 42 degree C since three days.
At least 10 other towns in the state also recorded temperature above 40 degree Celsius. Eight other districts also recorded temperature between 35 to 40 degree Celsius.
Bhubaneswar was followed by 41.6 degree Celsius at Hirakud and Talcher, 41.2 degree C at Titlagarh, 40.7 degree C at Angul, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?