Odisha: Wanted Maoist arrested
Koraput (Odisha): A Maoist, allegedly involved in obstructing security forces in launching a search for BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka after his abduction in March, was arrested in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Tuesday.
Bhima Huija was involved in road blockades in Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon blocks when the tribal MLA from Laxmipur was abducted, they said.
Huija, who also led the extremists in Maudivalsa panchayat, was in the wanted list of police for a long time, Koraput SP Awinash Kumar said.
The wanted rebel was nabbed during a combing operation launched by the district voluntary force and COBRA following a tip-off on Sunday night, he said, adding that no weapon was recovered from the ultra.
During interrogation, the Naxal has confessed to his involvement in the murder of two persons at Changudibalsa village in Bandhugaon area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister