Odisha: Wanted Maoist arrested
Koraput (Odisha): A Maoist, allegedly involved in obstructing security forces in launching a search for BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka after his abduction in March, was arrested in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Tuesday.
Bhima Huija was involved in road blockades in Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon blocks when the tribal MLA from Laxmipur was abducted, they said.
Huija, who also led the extremists in Maudivalsa panchayat, was in the wanted list of police for a long time, Koraput SP Awinash Kumar said.
The wanted rebel was nabbed during a combing operation launched by the district voluntary force and COBRA following a tip-off on Sunday night, he said, adding that no weapon was recovered from the ultra.
During interrogation, the Naxal has confessed to his involvement in the murder of two persons at Changudibalsa village in Bandhugaon area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen