Odisha: Wanted Maoist arrested
Koraput (Odisha): A Maoist, allegedly involved in obstructing security forces in launching a search for BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka after his abduction in March, was arrested in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Tuesday.
Bhima Huija was involved in road blockades in Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon blocks when the tribal MLA from Laxmipur was abducted, they said.
Huija, who also led the extremists in Maudivalsa panchayat, was in the wanted list of police for a long time, Koraput SP Awinash Kumar said.
The wanted rebel was nabbed during a combing operation launched by the district voluntary force and COBRA following a tip-off on Sunday night, he said, adding that no weapon was recovered from the ultra.
During interrogation, the Naxal has confessed to his involvement in the murder of two persons at Changudibalsa village in Bandhugaon area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad