Odisha: Wanted Maoist arrested
Koraput (Odisha): A Maoist, allegedly involved in obstructing security forces in launching a search for BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka after his abduction in March, was arrested in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Tuesday.
Bhima Huija was involved in road blockades in Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon blocks when the tribal MLA from Laxmipur was abducted, they said.
Huija, who also led the extremists in Maudivalsa panchayat, was in the wanted list of police for a long time, Koraput SP Awinash Kumar said.
The wanted rebel was nabbed during a combing operation launched by the district voluntary force and COBRA following a tip-off on Sunday night, he said, adding that no weapon was recovered from the ultra.
During interrogation, the Naxal has confessed to his involvement in the murder of two persons at Changudibalsa village in Bandhugaon area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?