Odisha: Wanted Maoist arrested
Koraput (Odisha): A Maoist, allegedly involved in obstructing security forces in launching a search for BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka after his abduction in March, was arrested in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Tuesday.
Bhima Huija was involved in road blockades in Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon blocks when the tribal MLA from Laxmipur was abducted, they said.
Huija, who also led the extremists in Maudivalsa panchayat, was in the wanted list of police for a long time, Koraput SP Awinash Kumar said.
The wanted rebel was nabbed during a combing operation launched by the district voluntary force and COBRA following a tip-off on Sunday night, he said, adding that no weapon was recovered from the ultra.
During interrogation, the Naxal has confessed to his involvement in the murder of two persons at Changudibalsa village in Bandhugaon area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra