Odisha wants Mishra back amid talk of change of DG
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government have formally requested the Union Ministry of Home Affairs to relieve senior IPS officer Prakash Mishra as his "service is required in the state", official sources said.
Mishra, a 1977 batch IPS officer, is posted as the Director General, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) after he left Odisha on central deputation.
The state government`s formal request seeking Mishra`s service has triggered speculation about a possible move to change the Director General of Police (DGP).
"Mishra is lkely to replace Manmohan Praharaj as the DGP who has been in the top post since 2008," a senior official at the home department said.
Mishra had on June 3 met Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. The meeting was significant in the backdrop of an ouster bid against the BJD government in the state on May 29.
Before joining as the DG, NDRF, Mishra had a stinct as a special director of the elite force National Investigation Agency (NIA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- Dance with the devil: What Manchester United under Jose Mourinho might be like
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Meet Facebook's North Korean cousin!