Odisha: Women Cong leaders file 15 FIRs against police
Bhubaneswar: As many as 15 FIRs were lodged by women Congress leaders against police here on Sunday alleging excesses on them at the Thursday rally demanding resignation of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the Coalgate row.
"Women leaders have filed 15 FIRs against police, including senior officials, pertaining to excesses committed by the cops during the Congress rally held on September 6," President of the Odisha Congress` women-wing Bijaylaxmi Sahoo said.
The complaints were lodged at the women`s police station here accusing police of physically assaulting women workers and leaders and causing them injuries besides using abusive language, she said.
Besides herself, leaders like Keonjhar district women wing president Prabhati Jena, Minati Singh and others are among those who have lodged FIRs against the "brutal and merciless" police attack on women demonstrators, Sahoo said, adding that more FIRs are likely to be filed against the cops.
Earlier, Congress had filed two counter FIRs against policemen yesterday for the attack on partymen and for trespassing into Congress Bhavan during the rally after party leaders Jagdish Tytler, Niranjan Patnaik and others were booked by police for the Thursday`s clash.
Eight cases have so far been registered at the Capital and Kharavel Nagar police stations against Congressmen, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof