Odisha:Maoists released abducted panchayat members
Malkangiri (Odisha): Maoists Wednesday released a former sarpanch and a naib sarpanch who were abducted from the Chitrakonda area of the district last week, police said.
Mistu Khara, former sarpanch of Panasput gram panchayat and Naib Sarpanch Raju Khara were set free in a nearby forest, SP Akhileswar Singh said, adding that the two were freed following appeals by local villagers.
After the incident, seven village guards who were trying to locate them were also abducted by the Maoists on September 23, they said.
While bodies of two of them were later recovered from Panasput area yesterday with their throats slit, five other were set free by the Maoists, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days