Odisha:Maoists released abducted panchayat members
Malkangiri (Odisha): Maoists Wednesday released a former sarpanch and a naib sarpanch who were abducted from the Chitrakonda area of the district last week, police said.
Mistu Khara, former sarpanch of Panasput gram panchayat and Naib Sarpanch Raju Khara were set free in a nearby forest, SP Akhileswar Singh said, adding that the two were freed following appeals by local villagers.
After the incident, seven village guards who were trying to locate them were also abducted by the Maoists on September 23, they said.
While bodies of two of them were later recovered from Panasput area yesterday with their throats slit, five other were set free by the Maoists, the SP said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living