Odisha`s new police chief assumes charge
Bhubaneswar: Prakash Mishra, a 1977 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, Friday took over as Odisha`s new director general of police, an official said.
Mishra, who has served in Odisha for several years, was director general of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) in New Delhi before taking over as head of the state police force, a spokesperson here said.
The 56-year-old Indian Police Service officer was the chief of Odisha`s intelligence wing July 2009-June 2010 and the director general of Home Guards and fire services department July-December, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal