OJM hopeful of alliance with BJP in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Jan Morcha (OJM) leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Saturday said he has got positive signals from BJP central leaders on possible pre-poll alliance with the party ahead of the 2014 general elections.
Mohapatra, a Rajya Sabha MP from the state, said "I am in touch with the BJP`s central leaders. They have given positive signal on the proposal of a OJM-BJP alliance in the state."
Mohapatra said this after sharing a dais with the senior BJP leader and party`s in-charge in Odisha, Chandan Mitra. "I have not spoken to Mitra anything about the possible alliance. But, I have spoken to certain central BJP leaders."
Mitra and Mohapatra were attending the annual function of an Odiya daily.
"So far the party has decided to fight the coming elections on its own strength in Odisha. However, if required, the central leadership will take a decision on the possible alliance with any party," Mitra said.
The state BJP president KV Singhdeo and other party leaders immediately clarified that they would have no alliance with any party in the state. "We will maintain equal distance from both the BJD and the OJM," Singhdeo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand