OJM hopeful of alliance with BJP in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Jan Morcha (OJM) leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Saturday said he has got positive signals from BJP central leaders on possible pre-poll alliance with the party ahead of the 2014 general elections.
Mohapatra, a Rajya Sabha MP from the state, said "I am in touch with the BJP`s central leaders. They have given positive signal on the proposal of a OJM-BJP alliance in the state."
Mohapatra said this after sharing a dais with the senior BJP leader and party`s in-charge in Odisha, Chandan Mitra. "I have not spoken to Mitra anything about the possible alliance. But, I have spoken to certain central BJP leaders."
Mitra and Mohapatra were attending the annual function of an Odiya daily.
"So far the party has decided to fight the coming elections on its own strength in Odisha. However, if required, the central leadership will take a decision on the possible alliance with any party," Mitra said.
The state BJP president KV Singhdeo and other party leaders immediately clarified that they would have no alliance with any party in the state. "We will maintain equal distance from both the BJD and the OJM," Singhdeo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state