OJM releases first list of candidates
Bhubaneswar: The newly formed Odisha Janmorcha (OJM) today became the first political party in the state to release its first candidate list for the ensuing Lok Sabha and Assembly elections.
The party announced names of candidates for two of the state`s 21 Lok Sabha seats and 16 of the 147 assembly segments, a party press release said.
The candidates were selected at a meeting presided over by OJM president Pyarimohan Mohapatra.
The meeting also discussed the issue on possible alliance with BJP.
As the proposed alliance was being opposed by some state leaders, some members suspected a nexus between BJD and some BJP leaders, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor