One arrested from Puducherry in cracker blast case
Paradip: About 45 days after a cracker
explosion killed four persons in Orissa’s Jagatsinghpur
district, one man was arrested from Puducherry in connection
with the incident, police said Thursday.
The accused, identified as Subhash Rout, was arrested
by a police team from Orissa near Puducherry last night and
steps were being taken to bring him, Jagatsinghpur
Superintendent of Police Devadutt Singh said.
At least eight persons, all members of a musical
party, were critically injured when crackers being carried in
a mini truck burst near Kujanga in Jagatsinghpur district on
Four of them identified as Dipuna Patra (12), Fakir
Patra (32), Bijan Patra (38) and Kailash Jena (35) succumbed
to the injuries while the rest were battling for their lives
in the hospital.
The crackers were being taken during a procession
organised by a workers` outfit from Sandhapur to Kujanga as
part of their function when the mishap took place.
The participants were bursting crackers and dancing to
music when the blast took place in the mini truck, causing
injuries to its occupants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'