One arrested from Puducherry in cracker blast case
Paradip: About 45 days after a cracker
explosion killed four persons in Orissa’s Jagatsinghpur
district, one man was arrested from Puducherry in connection
with the incident, police said Thursday.
The accused, identified as Subhash Rout, was arrested
by a police team from Orissa near Puducherry last night and
steps were being taken to bring him, Jagatsinghpur
Superintendent of Police Devadutt Singh said.
At least eight persons, all members of a musical
party, were critically injured when crackers being carried in
a mini truck burst near Kujanga in Jagatsinghpur district on
Four of them identified as Dipuna Patra (12), Fakir
Patra (32), Bijan Patra (38) and Kailash Jena (35) succumbed
to the injuries while the rest were battling for their lives
in the hospital.
The crackers were being taken during a procession
organised by a workers` outfit from Sandhapur to Kujanga as
part of their function when the mishap took place.
The participants were bursting crackers and dancing to
music when the blast took place in the mini truck, causing
injuries to its occupants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning