One arrested from Puducherry in cracker blast case
Paradip: About 45 days after a cracker
explosion killed four persons in Orissa’s Jagatsinghpur
district, one man was arrested from Puducherry in connection
with the incident, police said Thursday.
The accused, identified as Subhash Rout, was arrested
by a police team from Orissa near Puducherry last night and
steps were being taken to bring him, Jagatsinghpur
Superintendent of Police Devadutt Singh said.
At least eight persons, all members of a musical
party, were critically injured when crackers being carried in
a mini truck burst near Kujanga in Jagatsinghpur district on
Four of them identified as Dipuna Patra (12), Fakir
Patra (32), Bijan Patra (38) and Kailash Jena (35) succumbed
to the injuries while the rest were battling for their lives
in the hospital.
The crackers were being taken during a procession
organised by a workers` outfit from Sandhapur to Kujanga as
part of their function when the mishap took place.
The participants were bursting crackers and dancing to
music when the blast took place in the mini truck, causing
injuries to its occupants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says