One dead, another critically injured in house collapse in Odisha
Phulbani: A woman died and an old man was critically injured when a wall of their mud and thatched house collapsed following incessant rains in Odisha`s Kandhamal district, police said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred when the victims belonging to a BPL family were asleep in their house located in Peonpara slum area area last night, they said.
The deceased was identified as Zira Nayak (64). The injured was admitted to the district headquarters hospital where his condition was stated to be critical, doctors said.
The wall collapsed following continuous rain for the last two days. Over 92 mm rainfall was received during last two days at Phulbani, local MeT observatory sources said.
About 22 mud houses of BPL families in the slum areas of Peonpara, Masterpara, Ziringpara and Phulbanisa have been damaged due to the rain, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble