One dead, another critically injured in house collapse in Odisha
Phulbani: A woman died and an old man was critically injured when a wall of their mud and thatched house collapsed following incessant rains in Odisha`s Kandhamal district, police said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred when the victims belonging to a BPL family were asleep in their house located in Peonpara slum area area last night, they said.
The deceased was identified as Zira Nayak (64). The injured was admitted to the district headquarters hospital where his condition was stated to be critical, doctors said.
The wall collapsed following continuous rain for the last two days. Over 92 mm rainfall was received during last two days at Phulbani, local MeT observatory sources said.
About 22 mud houses of BPL families in the slum areas of Peonpara, Masterpara, Ziringpara and Phulbanisa have been damaged due to the rain, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'