One dead in Orissa village clash
Berhampur: At least one person
was killed and four others, all women, were injured in a clash
between two groups in Rambha area of Orissa’s Ganjam district,
police said on Wednesday.
Crude bombs, firearms and sharp weapons were used by
the rival groups during the clash at Kantigada village, about
50 km from here late last night, they said.
The dead person was identified as Pintu Swain (25)
while the injured women were undergoing treatment at MKCG
Medical College and Hospital here.
Previous enmity was said to be the cause of the
incident and investigations are going on, the police said.
"Senior police officers rushed to the spot. The
situation is under control," Sub-Divisional Police Officer
(Chhatrapur) Shantanu Padhy said.
Additional police personnel were deployed in the
village. No one has been arrested so far.
Meanwhile, BJP supporters led by former deputy speaker
of state assembly Ram Chandra Panda staged dharna in front of
the SP office at Chhatrapur demanding immediate arrest of the
culprits and security for villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown