One dead in Orissa village clash
Berhampur: At least one person
was killed and four others, all women, were injured in a clash
between two groups in Rambha area of Orissa’s Ganjam district,
police said on Wednesday.
Crude bombs, firearms and sharp weapons were used by
the rival groups during the clash at Kantigada village, about
50 km from here late last night, they said.
The dead person was identified as Pintu Swain (25)
while the injured women were undergoing treatment at MKCG
Medical College and Hospital here.
Previous enmity was said to be the cause of the
incident and investigations are going on, the police said.
"Senior police officers rushed to the spot. The
situation is under control," Sub-Divisional Police Officer
(Chhatrapur) Shantanu Padhy said.
Additional police personnel were deployed in the
village. No one has been arrested so far.
Meanwhile, BJP supporters led by former deputy speaker
of state assembly Ram Chandra Panda staged dharna in front of
the SP office at Chhatrapur demanding immediate arrest of the
culprits and security for villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends