One held in Odisha girl murder case
Bhubaneswar: One person was arrested on Saturday after identification of the body of the young girl recovered near a canal in Puri district.
"We have taken Satya Ranjan Pradhan into custody. He is the prime accused in the girl murder case," Puri SP Anup Kumar Sahu told reporters.
Sahu said the girl had been identified as Kumudini Swain of Ghusurikhal village in Balanga police station. The victim`s mother identified the body.
Asked about whether it was a case of rape and murder, Sahu said: "Everything will be clear only after the police receive the post-mortem report."
Meanwhile, the victim`s father Surendra Swain said that her daughter had an affair with Tukuni Biswal of their village.
The police yesterday had recovered the half-burnt body of the girl dressed in a black salwar with mehendi marks on the palms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened