One held in Odisha girl murder case
Bhubaneswar: One person was arrested on Saturday after identification of the body of the young girl recovered near a canal in Puri district.
"We have taken Satya Ranjan Pradhan into custody. He is the prime accused in the girl murder case," Puri SP Anup Kumar Sahu told reporters.
Sahu said the girl had been identified as Kumudini Swain of Ghusurikhal village in Balanga police station. The victim`s mother identified the body.
Asked about whether it was a case of rape and murder, Sahu said: "Everything will be clear only after the police receive the post-mortem report."
Meanwhile, the victim`s father Surendra Swain said that her daughter had an affair with Tukuni Biswal of their village.
The police yesterday had recovered the half-burnt body of the girl dressed in a black salwar with mehendi marks on the palms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!