One held in Odisha girl murder case
Bhubaneswar: One person was arrested on Saturday after identification of the body of the young girl recovered near a canal in Puri district.
"We have taken Satya Ranjan Pradhan into custody. He is the prime accused in the girl murder case," Puri SP Anup Kumar Sahu told reporters.
Sahu said the girl had been identified as Kumudini Swain of Ghusurikhal village in Balanga police station. The victim`s mother identified the body.
Asked about whether it was a case of rape and murder, Sahu said: "Everything will be clear only after the police receive the post-mortem report."
Meanwhile, the victim`s father Surendra Swain said that her daughter had an affair with Tukuni Biswal of their village.
The police yesterday had recovered the half-burnt body of the girl dressed in a black salwar with mehendi marks on the palms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!