One held in Odisha girl murder case
Bhubaneswar: One person was arrested on Saturday after identification of the body of the young girl recovered near a canal in Puri district.
"We have taken Satya Ranjan Pradhan into custody. He is the prime accused in the girl murder case," Puri SP Anup Kumar Sahu told reporters.
Sahu said the girl had been identified as Kumudini Swain of Ghusurikhal village in Balanga police station. The victim`s mother identified the body.
Asked about whether it was a case of rape and murder, Sahu said: "Everything will be clear only after the police receive the post-mortem report."
Meanwhile, the victim`s father Surendra Swain said that her daughter had an affair with Tukuni Biswal of their village.
The police yesterday had recovered the half-burnt body of the girl dressed in a black salwar with mehendi marks on the palms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured