One killed in Banki bomb attack
Cuttack: One person died and seven others were injured, three of them critically, when crude bombs were hurled on a house in Banki, about 60 kms from here on Friday, police said.
The police have arrested six persons, including alleged kingpin Rabi Dalei in this connection and forwarded them to court, they said.
According to police, due to previous rivalry, Rabi and his associates hurled four bombs on the house of Api Behera in Jamadiha village under Dhansar gram panchayat of Banki sub-division.
The bomb attack was made after a heated word of exchange between the rival families and unfortunately, seven onlookers who had gathered at the scene were injured.
"Four critically injured persons were shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack city where one Sachi Parida (42) was declared brought dead," said police inspector Niranjan Padhy.
Quoting hospital sources, police said the condition of three critically injured is a cause of concern as they have received multiple burn injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam