One more doctor gets advance bail in Pipili case
Cuttack: Charged of neglecting in treatment of the Dalit girl in the sensational Pipili rape and murder case, Dr K C Sahoo, a medicine specialist of Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar, got an anticipatory bail from Orissa High Court on Tuesday.
Sahoo was booked along with two other doctors in the case as the girl was initially brought to Capital Hospital for treatment in November last year.
Justice S C Parija of the High Court granted advance bail to Sahoo asking the petitioner to surrender before the SDJM court of Pipili and go on regular bail.
The lower court also directed to release the tainted doctor on bail in the event of his surrender and fix the conditions as the court deems fit.
Earlier last week the High Court had granted anticipatory bails to SCB medical college and hospital superintendent D N Moharana and another doctor of the Capital Hospital Milan Mitra.
All the three doctors were booked under section 4 of SC and ST (Prevention and Atrocities) Act by the state crime branch police, which is investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!