One more doctor gets advance bail in Pipili case
Cuttack: Charged of neglecting in treatment of the Dalit girl in the sensational Pipili rape and murder case, Dr K C Sahoo, a medicine specialist of Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar, got an anticipatory bail from Orissa High Court on Tuesday.
Sahoo was booked along with two other doctors in the case as the girl was initially brought to Capital Hospital for treatment in November last year.
Justice S C Parija of the High Court granted advance bail to Sahoo asking the petitioner to surrender before the SDJM court of Pipili and go on regular bail.
The lower court also directed to release the tainted doctor on bail in the event of his surrender and fix the conditions as the court deems fit.
Earlier last week the High Court had granted anticipatory bails to SCB medical college and hospital superintendent D N Moharana and another doctor of the Capital Hospital Milan Mitra.
All the three doctors were booked under section 4 of SC and ST (Prevention and Atrocities) Act by the state crime branch police, which is investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what