One more doctor gets advance bail in Pipili case
Cuttack: Charged of neglecting in treatment of the Dalit girl in the sensational Pipili rape and murder case, Dr K C Sahoo, a medicine specialist of Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar, got an anticipatory bail from Orissa High Court on Tuesday.
Sahoo was booked along with two other doctors in the case as the girl was initially brought to Capital Hospital for treatment in November last year.
Justice S C Parija of the High Court granted advance bail to Sahoo asking the petitioner to surrender before the SDJM court of Pipili and go on regular bail.
The lower court also directed to release the tainted doctor on bail in the event of his surrender and fix the conditions as the court deems fit.
Earlier last week the High Court had granted anticipatory bails to SCB medical college and hospital superintendent D N Moharana and another doctor of the Capital Hospital Milan Mitra.
All the three doctors were booked under section 4 of SC and ST (Prevention and Atrocities) Act by the state crime branch police, which is investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31