One more held in Congress leader`s killing
Berhampur: One more accused was arrested in connection with the murder of local Congress leader from Sheragada in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said on Monday.
With arrest of Suresh Jena of Govinda Pur village yesterday, the total number of persons arrested went up to six in the sensational murder, police said.
Earlier, police had arrested five persons from different places including a man from Uttar Pradesh but the main accused in the case was, however, still at large.
Gouda (58) was attacked by miscreants with sword on Hinjili-Sheragada Road on October 22 while returning home at Sunathara on motorbike. He succumbed to injuries at MKCG Medical College and Hospital here on October 25. Personal enmity was stated to be the reason.
Police said Jena had committed the crime and was the `supari` (contract) killer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra