One security personal injured in Maoist attack in
Sambalpur: A special operation group (SOG) jawan was seriously injured after being shot at during an exchange of fire between police and Maoists in a forest in Odisha`s Subarnapur district on Tuesday, police said.
The exchange of fire ensued during a combing operation in the Patrapalli-Jharbahali forests under Ulunda police station, about 70 km from here, they said.
Arms including one SLR, four rifles, a hand grenade, a pistol besides other materials being used by the ultras were seized from the spot, DIG (Western Range), Sanjay Kumar said.
On a tip-off that Maoists active in Chattisgarh and Jharkhand had set up many camps in the area, the SOG with the help of local police had launched a combing operation in the area when they encountered retaliation which continued for a long time. However, the ultras succeeded in retreating into the forests, the sources said.
Combing operation in the area had been intensified and senior officials including superintendent of police, Subarnapur, N Sekhar had rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'