One tourist dead, 22 are injured in accidents
Bhadrak: A tourist from
Chhatishgarh died and 22 pilgrims were injured, four of them
seriously, in separate road accidents in Odisha`s Bhadrak
district on Monday, police said.
The deceased Chandraram Sahu (62) of Rahina village in
Bhatagain area of the neighbouring state was run over by an
unknown lorry while crossing the road near Bhandaripokhari
bazaar alongwith other co-passengers.
The tourist bus in which he was on his way to Puri had
stopped near an eating joint along NH-5.
The body was sent for post-mortem to Bhadrak hospital,
said IIC, Bhandaripokhari police station, Bijay Mohapatra.
In another mishap at Rahanja, about 10 kms from here,
at least 22 tourists from Bilaspur were injured when the bus
in which they were travelling overturned near Nayanjuri on NH
No. 5 in the wee hours.
The injured persons were admitted at the district
headquarters hospital here while the seriously hurt shifted to
SCB Medical College hospital at Cuttack.
The tourists were returning from Gangasagar mela in
West Bengal and heading towards Puri to have a darshan of Lord
Jagannath when mishap struck them.
Inquiry into the both the mishaps was continuing,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Players to watch out for
- Lionel Messi Injury Video: Witness the moment that scared everyone
- Those with illegal money to be prosecuted: Jaitley on Panama Papers
- 10 killed in Bangladesh poll violence
- Watch: Now make a call just by squeezing your smartphone!