Online payment of cyclone assistance
Berhampur: In a bid to speed up assistance in a transparent manner post-Cyclone Phailin, authorities in the worst hit Ganjam district disburse aid to the affected people online by this month-end.
"Electronic payment will not only be transparent but also fast," official sources said here.
Assistances for house damage, agriculture and horticulture crop loss, boat and nets, fish ponds and loss of animal husbandry would be paid online, the sources said.
They said revenue inspectors and anganwadi workers will collect bank account numbers of victims. For those who do not have it, tehsildars will hold melas in the nearest bank branch to open savings accounts for them.
Two private banks will carry out the cash transfer. "The banks have assured us that they will do the job within 48 hours of getting the account numbers of beneficiaries," the sources said.
Payment for house damage due to the cyclone has started in tehsils where survey is over. Around Rs 30 lakh payment was made so far, said assistance sub-collector (emergency) Mahendra Panda.
The enumeration is nearing completion and the payment would be made after approval by the district collector. "We hope it will be completed by November-end."
The government has provided Rs 50 crore to the district authorities on Friday for disbursement of house damages, sources said.
According to guidelines of special relief commissioner, Rs 70,000 and Rs 15,000 has been paid for pucca and kuccha houses, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video