Oppn demands CBI probe in mining scam, Naveen Patnaik`s resignation
Bhubaneswar: The opposition Congress and BJP today demanded resignation of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the reported leak of the `excerpts of Justice M B Shah Comission of Inquiry` on a news portal.
"The state should hand over the case to CBI immediately and Naveen Patnaik should face action for his government`s involvement in the multi-crore mining scam," senior Congress leader and former minister Sarat Rout told reporters here.
Congress Chief Whip Prasad Harichandan said that the mining issue would be raised in the state Assembly starting from February 3.
"The leaked report of Shah Commission has clearly stated that the mining scam took place in collusion with politicians, officials and miners. The state government cannot escape.... We will raise the issue in the Assembly session," claimed Harichandan.
The BJP, on its part, also demanded CBI probe into the multi-crore mining scam. "Only a Supreme Court-monitored CBI probe will unearth the whole truth about the scam. The government, which had rendered the law inactive to favour the miners, must face the music," senior BJP leader Suresh Pujari said.
The opposition response came in the wake of a news portal uploading some contents claiming it to be part of the the Justice M B Shah panel probe report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter