Orissa: 10 bogies of Neelachal Express derail
Bhubaneswar: One person was injured when Puri-New Delhi Neelachal Express hit a road roller and derailed near Bhadrak, about 120 km from here on Sunday, railway sources said.
About 10 bogies of the express train derailed after hitting the road roller crossing the track at an unmanned level crossing at Rambhila, about 10-km from Bhadrak railway station on Sunday afternoon, they said.
While the roller driver was seriously injured, no train passenger sustained injury, Bhadrak station manager RN Bisawas said adding the driver was admitted to a hospital at Bhadrak. The road roller was completely damaged.
Train services on the main Chennai-Howrah track were affected following the mishap and several trains were stranded at Bhadrak and Balasore, he said.
As efforts to restore normalcy on the line at the earliest was taken up on a war footing, senior officials rushed to the site to supervise the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees