Orissa: 10 bogies of Neelachal Express derail
Bhubaneswar: One person was injured when Puri-New Delhi Neelachal Express hit a road roller and derailed near Bhadrak, about 120 km from here on Sunday, railway sources said.
About 10 bogies of the express train derailed after hitting the road roller crossing the track at an unmanned level crossing at Rambhila, about 10-km from Bhadrak railway station on Sunday afternoon, they said.
While the roller driver was seriously injured, no train passenger sustained injury, Bhadrak station manager RN Bisawas said adding the driver was admitted to a hospital at Bhadrak. The road roller was completely damaged.
Train services on the main Chennai-Howrah track were affected following the mishap and several trains were stranded at Bhadrak and Balasore, he said.
As efforts to restore normalcy on the line at the earliest was taken up on a war footing, senior officials rushed to the site to supervise the operation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan