Orissa: 10 bogies of Neelachal Express derail
Bhubaneswar: One person was injured when Puri-New Delhi Neelachal Express hit a road roller and derailed near Bhadrak, about 120 km from here on Sunday, railway sources said.
About 10 bogies of the express train derailed after hitting the road roller crossing the track at an unmanned level crossing at Rambhila, about 10-km from Bhadrak railway station on Sunday afternoon, they said.
While the roller driver was seriously injured, no train passenger sustained injury, Bhadrak station manager RN Bisawas said adding the driver was admitted to a hospital at Bhadrak. The road roller was completely damaged.
Train services on the main Chennai-Howrah track were affected following the mishap and several trains were stranded at Bhadrak and Balasore, he said.
As efforts to restore normalcy on the line at the earliest was taken up on a war footing, senior officials rushed to the site to supervise the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed