Orissa: 10 bogies of Neelachal Express derail
Bhubaneswar: One person was injured when Puri-New Delhi Neelachal Express hit a road roller and derailed near Bhadrak, about 120 km from here on Sunday, railway sources said.
About 10 bogies of the express train derailed after hitting the road roller crossing the track at an unmanned level crossing at Rambhila, about 10-km from Bhadrak railway station on Sunday afternoon, they said.
While the roller driver was seriously injured, no train passenger sustained injury, Bhadrak station manager RN Bisawas said adding the driver was admitted to a hospital at Bhadrak. The road roller was completely damaged.
Train services on the main Chennai-Howrah track were affected following the mishap and several trains were stranded at Bhadrak and Balasore, he said.
As efforts to restore normalcy on the line at the earliest was taken up on a war footing, senior officials rushed to the site to supervise the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'
- WATCH: Fizz and fire! Mustafizur Rahman demolishes opposition on T20 Blast debut