Orissa: 10 bogies of Neelachal Express derail
Bhubaneswar: One person was injured when Puri-New Delhi Neelachal Express hit a road roller and derailed near Bhadrak, about 120 km from here on Sunday, railway sources said.
About 10 bogies of the express train derailed after hitting the road roller crossing the track at an unmanned level crossing at Rambhila, about 10-km from Bhadrak railway station on Sunday afternoon, they said.
While the roller driver was seriously injured, no train passenger sustained injury, Bhadrak station manager RN Bisawas said adding the driver was admitted to a hospital at Bhadrak. The road roller was completely damaged.
Train services on the main Chennai-Howrah track were affected following the mishap and several trains were stranded at Bhadrak and Balasore, he said.
As efforts to restore normalcy on the line at the earliest was taken up on a war footing, senior officials rushed to the site to supervise the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions